Laurel Street Arts
733 Laurel Street
San Carlos, CA 94070
11 am - 7 pm
11 am - 8 pm
10 am - 8 pm
noon - 5 pm
• Paint a large platter or vase with the names of the happy couple and the date of the wedding.
• Have the guests at the wedding sign a platter or vase with a special ceramic pen as a substitute for a traditional guest book.
• Brides can make personalized gifts for the bridal party.
Painted pottery makes a terrific personal gift. Along with our regular stock of bisque pieces, including picture frames and boxes, we have a collection of larger pottery pieces, such as vases and platters that can be personalized for any occasion. A set of dishes, bowls or mugs individually painted by the members of a family or group always makes a memorable gift. Kids' hand prints and foot prints on a platter make great gifts for the grandparents, aunts, and uncles.
How about giving someone a mosaic tray or flowerpot? If you haven't made a mosaic before, a beginning mosaic class is a great way to produce a work of art for someone special.
Come in and find something to make yourself or combine the gift with a party. We are happy to assist you in setting up a registry for wedding gifts or another event. Or, if you prefer, we can help you design and then paint a piece for you by special order. We can also pre-paint a piece and you can add the finishing touches. Here are some ideas:
• Get the kids together to make an anniversary gift for Mom and Dad. Paint a plate or a platter with their names and wedding date.
Teacher/Scout Leader Gifts:
• How about a large vase or platter? The piece can be pre-painted with the kids adding the finishing touches such as names or thumb prints or the kids can do it all themselves.
• Paint some ornaments for your table, tree or guests.
• Make some personalized napkin rings for a dinner party.